A friend once told me that in her home town up north, there was a local custom that if you parked your car in the summer and left your windows down, someone would drop a bushel of zucchini on your passenger seat. That’s just how people got rid of it in a bumper crop year.
So in case you go up north and get a mysterious bushel of zucchini or summer squash dropped in your car, here’s a good way to use a bunch of them up. It’s also a great way to sneak some veggies by the kids, and they are good any time of day. Check out our Zucchini Fritters recipe and put a dent in that pile you have on your countertop.
2 lbs zucchini or summer squash, shredded
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup grated parmesan
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
enough olive oil to coat the skillet
- Place the zucchini in a colander and mix in the salt. Let that sit for 10 minutes.
- Place the salted zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and wring the water out.
- Move zucchini to a separate bowl and mix together with the flour, parmesan, garlic, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Grab about a 1/4 cup sized ball of the mixture and form into a small pancake
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet, fry the fritter until golden brown, then flip and do the same on the other side.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, or your favorite condiment.
Want more recipes that will boost your health and performance with power packed foods? Join our Advantage Kitchen mailing list and we will get you 1 new recipe each week!