Man Meals #2: Chili
Man Meals aren’t just for the guys, but if you know a dude who is picky about eating anything “healthy”, this is a great way to coax him into it. Just like Man Meal #1: Sloppy Joes, we find ways to sneak veggies into a tasty, protein-packed meal.
There’s nothing like a warm bowl of spicy chili on a cool fall weekend. This is my favorite meal to make this time of year, and after a summer without it, I’m excited to get a pot started!
2lbs ground beef (grass fed preferred)
1 red onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 poblano peppers, diced
1-2 jalapenos, diced (optional, depends if you like the heat)
1 zucchini, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
28oz can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp each of the 3 C’s: Cumin, Corriander, and Chile Powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups beef stock
2 tbsp dijon mustard, more if you like
3 cups cooked black beans, or 2 15oz cans, drained
2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper the ground beef and brown one lb at a time in a dutch oven. Set all aside for later
- Add onion and all peppers to the pot, stirring consistently until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, garlic, and tomatoes and cook until zucchini is soft.
- Pour veggie mix in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add it back to the pot, add the rest of the ingredients and let it bubble for another 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped cilantro if you like it.
Want more recipes that will boost your health and performance with power packed foods? Join our Advantage Kitchen mailing list and we will get you 1 new recipe each week!