Coconut Lime Protein Pancakes
“Pancakes” and “healthy” don’t typically go together, but with these tropical pancakes they come pretty close! Compared to traditional pancake recipes, these have 2-3 times the eggs and rely on gluten-free coconut flour rather than wheat.
My favorite part about these is that when you make the double recipe, you can have them for a meal, then pack the rest away for a low sugar/high protein snack later in the day! I take them to the gym and munch on them throughout the day when I need something sweet. Give these a try, you might be amazed at how versatile they are.
Coconut Lime Pancakes (this is a DOUBLE batch)
2 cups milk
4tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp raw honey
2 Tbsp lime zest
1 cup coconut flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
coconut oil for the griddle
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, honey, vanilla, and lime zest. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Add a thin layer of coconut oil to a preheated skillet, drop 1/4 cup of batter at a time. Cook until bubbly on top, then flip.
- Can be served with syrup, vanilla (or your favorite flavor) yogurt, or eaten plain!
Want more recipes that will boost your health and performance with power packed foods? Join our Advantage Kitchen mailing list and we will get you 1 new recipe each week!